- The checker tool renewed, it works flawlessly.
- You can check websites’ DA and PA scores with this completely free tool work based on Moz data.
Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) are metrics developed by Moz. Your website’s values could be between 0 and 100.
After the Google PageRank service closed in 2016, DA and PA values become the most important values that enable us to have an idea about a website.
Moz.com is a globally known SEO tool and blog site.
In Short: These values estimate how much can a website be successful in search engine ranks (SERP). It is often used by SEO experts.
Domain Authority & Page Authority
How to calculate Domain Authority?
There are many criteria taking into account while calculating domain authority. In that list, we have considered the Domain Authority 2.0 algorithm. Make sure you get better points than your competitors!
- Backlink Profile & Number,
- External links,
- Site age,
- Domain name expiry time,
- Bounce rate,
- Mobile responsive design,
- Quality - unique content,
- Keywords or generic domain name,
- Domain whois information,
- Server downtime,
- Using Top Level Domain (TLD),
- Other Known On-Page SEO Guidelines.
Important Note: It is much easier to increase a site's DA point from 10 to 20 than to increase it from 40 to 50.
How to increase DA score?
The work to be done to increase the Domain Authority value:
- Get quality backlinks that are not considered as spam.
- Try to get backlinks to your most popular pages.
- Be sure that there is a flow of visitors to your website from the backlink page.
- Verify that you have at least one link to your home page from each subpage.
- Use the nofollow tag when linking to websites you don't trust.
- Do link cleaning, block -if necessary- harmful links with google disavow.
- Fix broken links.
- Detect 404 pages and make 301 redirects.
- Avoid server downtimes. Use 99% uptime hosting with USA locations.
- Do not hide Whois information.
- Make sure your visitors stay on the website and do surfing for a long time.
- Realize the general SEO techniques on your website. (Use images with alt tags, heading tags, title and meta descriptions, sitemap, etc.)
How to calculate Page Authority?
Have you ever thought about what kind of algorithm is working for calculating page authority? Here are some of them:
- Internal links
- Your Google Organic Ranking
- Page Interactions
- Original Content
- Update frequency
- SimilarWeb estimated traffic
- In-site circulation
- Rich media usage
Important: When you calculate your page authority with Moz infrastructure, you benefit from 40+ more signals.
How to increase the PA score?
What can be done to increase the Page Authority value? Here are them:
- Update your contents frequently, make additions.
- Avoid spam comments.
- Add social media sharing buttons under the content.
- Make sure your page has likes and shares on other social media platforms.
- Answer the comments and questions.
- Use internal links to direct users within the site.
What are the differences between DA and PA?
DA score describes the total authority of your domain name.
PA score describes the score of a single page in question.
It is harder to manipulate PA values.
Should DA and PA values of a website be the same?
Make a DA and PA check for your website right now.
If they are close to each other (+-10 points), there is no problem.
What is expected is DA > PA.
What should DA and PA values be?
If they are between 20 and 30 then you are above the average.
30+ values point out a high-quality website.
However, you should be patient. You can not increase the DA in a minute, you can do it gradually.
How frequently are DA and PA updated?
Domain Authority, Page Authority, and other metrics are updated 1-2 times a month. (via: https://moz.com/help/whats-new)
What are the websites that have the highest DA?
DA / PA / MozRank
- Youtube (99 / 100 / 10.00)
- Facebook (95 / 100 / 10.00)
- Google (100 / 99 / 9.90)
- Twitter (93 / 100 / 10.00)
As you can see, there is no website with 100 / 100 / 100 (it was Facebook once)
Free DA and PA Checker
You can use the MozBar plugin for Chrome. It is completely free. A normal subscription is enough to do automatic checking.
You can also use the Link Explorer backlink tool from Moz’s own webpage. You have 10 checks right per month here.
For free and bulk check:
1- You can use the Seokaos tool above.
What are MozRank and MozTrust?
Mozrank and Moztrust take a value between 0 and 10.
MozRank : Generated based on DA and backlink numbers.
MozTrust : What is important is the rate of high-quality links. The link is taken from Wikipedia, sites with .edu and .gov can be considered as high-quality ones.
A spam website’s MozRank value will always higher than its MozTrust value.
Online tool : https://www.prepostseo.com/domain-authority-checker
Check Spam Score and Decrease It
You can make an analysis from here to learn your spam score. It takes value as %.
It can be considered as dangerous if it is higher than 8. If it is possible, make a rejection transaction on google for this link.
Mozscape has scanned over 35 trillion links so far.